BOOKS OVER LOOKS

kinaBOOKasan:F U T U R E


   Reading is not my thing since I am lazy to read work especially when I am not interested with the topic. But, one moment in my life changed my views about reading when I was still in junior year. My friend brought his book to school entitled, Titser, written by a Filipino author during the 1950s, named Liwayway A. Arceo. It was published on 1995 I do not know what happened but the life story of the character in the novel touched me. 
   
Ateneo Library of Women's Writings. (n.d.). The major collections Filipino writers in Filipino Retrieved on 
December 05, 2013 from http://rizal.lib.admu.edu.ph/aliww/filipino_larceo.html
The novel is about a teacher named, Amelita. She is being compared by her mother, Aling Rosa because all her other four children graduated with "titles," and does not see teacher as being a profession. Her mother does not want her to be a teacher because she only teaches in a province and do not get enough salary. Aling Rosa went to Manila because she was pissed by the attitude of Amelita of choosing Mauro, a public school teacher, over Osmundo who owns a hacienda. In the end of the story, even if they are not in good state, Amelita still cares for her mother unlike her other siblings who did not care about their mother. 
   
Goodreads Inc. (1995). Titser [Photograph]. Retrieved on December 05, 2013 
from http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1147734.Titser
    After reading this book, I started reading other inspirational books such my all-time favorite,  Tuesdays with Morrie. I advise the book-readers to read this Filipino-made book because it can help us understand the nature of teacher as a profession and why do they act in different ways. The theme of the book for me is that, following your what you want is the best way to achieve your dreams.
    In my perspective, teachers are one of the most hardworking professionals because even if they do not get large salaries they still continue to work for them to share their knowledge for future generations. This is the reason why I admire teachers.

"Teaching creates all other professions" - Anonymous

SOURCES:
Goodreads Inc. (1995). Titser. Retrieved on December 05, 2013
                    from http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1147734.Titser

N.A. (n.d.). Quotations about teachers. Retrieved on December 07, 2013
                 from http://www.quotegarden.com/teachers.html

1 comments:

Post a Comment