Live. Love. Eat.
Food is one of the three main basic human needs together with shelter and clothing. It gives us energy that we need throughout the day. In the Philippines, there is a food that has already been part of the culture and tradition for years since this food was discovered and is called, Sisig.
Photo owned by Ibyang
I started eating Sisig back when I was ten years old. At first, I did not want to eat it because I only eat food from Jollibee since it was my favorite. But, I was wrong; I had my first taste of the said dish when my family was almost done and they left only a small portion of it. Admittedly, I regretted not trying it before it was "cleared away" by the spoons of family members. Since that time, I promised myself that I will always order Sisig wherever I will go in the restaurants in the Philippines, whether it is Pork, Tuna, etc. Now, every time I go out with my friends, it is already usual for us to order minimum of three Sizzling Sisig and maximum of how much can our stomach afford.
Although, Sisig is delicious and really addicting; always remember that we should always eat healthy food.
SOURCES:
Estrella, S. (2013, August 6). Sisig: The tragic history behind our favorite pulutan. Retrieved October 18, 2013
from http://www.pepper.ph/the-history-of-sisig/
Ibyang. (2010, June 4). Recipe: Pork Sisig. Retrieved October 18, 2013
from http://awifescharmedlife.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-husband-and-i-sometimes-miss-night.html
Estrella, S. (2013, August 6). Sisig: The tragic history behind our favorite pulutan. Retrieved October 18, 2013
from http://www.pepper.ph/the-history-of-sisig/
Ibyang. (2010, June 4). Recipe: Pork Sisig. Retrieved October 18, 2013
from http://awifescharmedlife.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-husband-and-i-sometimes-miss-night.html

0 comments:
Post a Comment